In this article, we present our new way to find your bookmarks. Especially when you have many bookmarks stored on start.me, you don’t always remember the name of the bookmark or the page/widget where you saved it. Chances are that you waste precious time to find the bookmark you are looking for.
For this reason, we have added the ability to search inside your stored bookmarks. Simply enter the name or URL of the bookmark in the main search box and a list of found bookmarks will appear. See below:
You’ll see three tabs with results:
- The Web. Ten search results from your search engine. This might be Google, Bing, or any other custom search engine you’ve installed.
- Your Bookmarks. You can search by name in all pages, the archived pages included. You’ll also see the name of the page, and the widget where your bookmark is located.
- start.me. In the third tab, you’re able to search directly in our handpicked database of websites, categories, and public start.me pages.
Short update (June 8th, 2017)
Based on the feedback we received from various users, we have released the following new features today:
- We added the page and widget title for each bookmark, so that it’s clear where you saved the bookmark.
- We added an ‘edit’ icon so that you can immediately edit/delete the bookmarks from the search results list.
- We improved the search algorithm so that it provides better search results.
In the near future we will further expand and improve the search capabilities on start.me. Please let us know your thoughts on this new feature. Leave your comments below or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author: Arjen Robijn