If you are opening a company file and you can face error 6000 then you will show 3 and 4 digits like XXXX and an error message define you are unable to open the company file. First you can understand the error after that you will fix the error.
See More: http://www.globalitsolsusa.com
The following are the different-2 type of -6000 series errors you may resolve:
1. Error -6000, -107 - This is because of TLG file is corrupted.
2. Error -6000, -1076 - This is because of QuickBooks installation is corrupted.
3. Error -6010, -100 - This is because of computer that is not the server is hosting the company file.
4. Error -6012, -1061 - This is because of you have incorrect network setup.
5. Error 6129, -101 - This is because of you have incorrect folder permission or if the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not working properly.
6. Error -6190, 816 or -6190, -85 - This is because of another user is logged in to the company file in single user mode. It can also be a mismatch between the transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw).
7. Error -6144, -82 when opening the company file on your server/host pc. This is because of incorrect network setup.
8. Error -6000, -832 This is because of hosting is turned on or the .ND file is not working properly.
9. Error -6138, -105 This is because of the workstation is hosting the company file.
10. Error -6144, -304 when you start QuickBooks or open your company file and sometimes this happens on sample file.
11. Error -6000, -305 This error is show because of an incorrect n/w setup or it could be the company file is damaged.
12. Error -6000, -82 This is because of one of the work station is hosting the company file or incorrect network setup.
13. Error -6144,-103 or -6144, 0 This is because of the .nd file has an incorrect path to your company file (path is not specified )or if the Windows user account used by QuickBooks Database Manager is damaged.
14. Error -6190, 1005 or -6189, 1005 when opening QuickBooks file and sometimes it affect the sample file.
15. Error -6210, 0 This is because of the work stations is hosting the company file.
16. Error -6120, 0 This is because of the work stations is hosting the company file or the firewall port 8019 is blocked.
17. Error -6087, 0 or -6131, 0 This is because of when opening the file locally.
18. Error -6176, 0 This is because of when a firewall is blocking the connection between the two computers.
19. Errors: -6189, -83 or -6190, -83 This is because of when one of the workstation is hosting the company file.
20. Error -6190, -82 This is because of a mismatch between the transaction log file (.TLG) and the company file (.QBW).
21. Error -6073, -816 This is because of there are multiple computers are hosting the file or it could be firewall settings are blocking the connection or it could be the file is damaged.